Easy Pumpkin Pie for Thanksgiving
Pumpkin pie does not have to be difficult to make. This easy Thanksgiving dessert recipe has a wonderful taste and will be a hit at your holiday meal. —Marty Rummel, Trout Lake, Washington
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 frozen deep-dish pie crust (9 inches)
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust, optional
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the first 10 ingredients until smooth; pour into pie crust. Cover edge loosely with foil.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 40-45 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove foil. Cool on a wire rack.
- If decorative cutouts are desired, roll pie crust to 1/8-in. thickness; cut out with 1-in. to 1-1/2-in. leaf-shaped cookie cutters. With a sharp knife, score leaf veins on cutouts.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Arrange around edge of pie. Garnish with whipped cream if desired.
1 piece: 275 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.