Chocolate Strawberry Pretzel Dessert Recipe
Southern Hills Skilled Nursing & Rehab
¾ cups butter melted
2 tablespoons of white sugar
8oz Jar fudge topping
1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened
1 cup of white sugar
1 (8oz) container of whipped cream
2 (3 ounce) packages of strawberry gelatin
2 Cups boiling water
2 (10 ounce) packages of frozen strawberries
9 x13 baking pan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter, and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Press mixture into the bottom of the 9×13 baking pan.
- Bake pretzel crust for 8-10 minutes, until set. Set aside to cool.
- In large mixing bowl cream together cream cheese and 1 cup of sugar. Fold in whipped topping.
- After crust is cooled. Spread fudge topping over crust covering completely (if necessary slightly warm fudge for 10 seconds in microwave to spread easier). Put crust in fridge for 10 minutes to set the fudge.
- After fudge is set spread the cream cheese mixture over the fudge frosted crust making sure it covers the entire crust edge to edge.
- Put crust back in fridge to set cream cheese for 15 minutes.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water, stir in frozen strawberries and allow to sit while cream cheese crust is setting for 15 minutes in fridge.
- When cream cheese mixture is set pour gelatin and strawberry mixture over crust. Put back in fridge until gelatin is set about 2-3 hours.
We hope you give this recipe a try at home. The Southern Hills Residents will be enjoying this dessert on Valentine’s Day!