Visitation Information and Schedule Link
October 9, 2020
Dear Families and Visitors,
At this time, we are going to start scheduling indoor or outdoor-contactless visits while continuing to follow all pertinent Guidelines for Social Distancing.
If you are interested in scheduling a visit please be aware of the following guidelines as provided by ODH:
- Effective October 12, 2020, visitors will be permitted for indoor or outdoor visitation only.
- Indoor visitors are encouraged to provide the facility a negative COVID test taken within 2 – 3 days of the visit.
- The physician and/or nurse assigned to the resident will determine if the resident is physically and mentally able to participate in visitation.
- The hours of visitation will be listed and updated daily at the website listed below. Each visit can last up to 30 minutes.
- These visits must be pre-scheduled with the facility, 48 hours in advance, to ensure staff and residents are prepared for the visit. Visitors should arrive 10 minutes prior to the visit to ensure proper screening is complete. Please note that all visits must be scheduled using the online scheduling system. The link will be found on southernhillsnursing.com.
- There will be a limit of two visitors at a time and only two visits per resident, per week (if available) so that as many residents can receive visits as possible. Visitors must be 16 years or older to visit. All visitors in a group must arrive and leave together.
- All visits will be NO CONTACT. Residents and visitors must maintain 6 feet of distance and facial coverings will be required for residents, staff and visitors.
- Visitors are required to use hand sanitizer, have their temperature taken and complete a screening form prior to visitation.
- If temperature or symptoms are present at the screening, visitor will be asked to leave and reschedule once symptoms and temperature are gone for at least 14 days and, for indoor visitation a negative Covid test can be provided.
- Visitors must sign acknowledging the risks of the spread of COVID-19 and the potential health impact for not just their loved one, but for all residents of our home and yours. We have included an informational sheet from the CDC, regarding risks of COVID-19.
- Visitation may be cancelled due to inclement weather, changes in government regulation, and/or change in the status of the home or community. If this occurs notice will be given as far in advance as possible.
We understand that connecting with your loved ones is incredibly important, and there are a variety of other ways you might consider communicating with them. These may include telephone, email, text, video chat or social media.
Remember, we are in this together. We look forward to a day when we can all be together again
Sean Kenny, Administrator